So this weeks recipe will be Coq Au Vin. (Koke-Oh-Vaughn or Van, just not Vin)
This was so good in class today I am making it for dinner tonight. It is easy, peasy and tastes amazing. But if I don’t get in the kitchen to make it we won’t be eating it until tomorrow.
1 chicken cut up ( or 4 chicken breasts)
2 tablespoons of butter)
2 strips of Bacon chopped
1/2 sweet onion diced
4 ounces mushrooms quartered
2 large carrots sliced
1 clove garlic chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup red wine
2 cups chicken stock
1 sprig of thyme
salt and pepper to taste
- Cut up bacon, onions, mushrooms, carrots and garlic, set aside.
- Preheat sauce pot with butter and sear the chicken breasts until golden brown, set aside.
- Add the bacon, onion, mushrooms, carrots and garlic, saut’e the vegetables, add tomato paste and mix with vegetables, add flour and stir.
- Deglaze (add to pan) with wine and stock, stir vigorously to dissolve the flour, and bring to a simmer.
- Add the seared chicken breasts and thyme; cover and braise(cook) in the oven at 375 until the chicken is fork tender.
Adjust seasonings and thickness if necessary.
Now, if you have any questions, let me know!
Let’s Get Cookin!